She came out in a snap! 20 minutes of pushing and she was in my arms. I wanted to give birth again. Consider it, such a huge reward for so little effort. Oh heck yeah!
And what a sweet reward she is. Daddy made the bow. I think she was a few hours old in this picture. I had no idea what I was in for.
One month down the road, she's still not really sure what's going on around her, but she's learning so much every day and her eyes are almost always bugged out like this. "Wow! look at that!" There really is so much to take in and I can tell she doesn't want to miss a thing.
I spend every day with her and I couldn't be happier. This time is precious. My biggest challenge is getting her to stop looking at everything and actually LET herself fall asleep! She fights it. I should get it on video. maybe I will, but her eyelids will start to droop and she has this 5 minute battle to try to keep them open. Sometimes she wins, but I'm learning a few tricks to teach her it's ok to not absorb everything all at once.
Mark is so good with her. he feeds her every night at bedtime and is starting to give her baths. I appreciate how willing he is to relieve me every evening. He's been napping with her after work a lot lately.


2 comments:
She is adorable! Congratulations again you guys :)
Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!
Post a Comment