I'm a mom now. I fully love it. I mean, who wouldn't love to see this every day?
Or get these kind of wonderful snuggles?
But as my dad pointed out to me yesterday, I've been 100% mom for the past 7 weeks. It's wearing on me and I need to stay me. I need to find a good level of balance in my life. This is not some underlying insinuation that I'm not Mommy material. It's just that I'm also a horticulturist, as well as a sister, friend, daughter, and wife. oh yeah--and an individual person who needs to take proper care of herself.
Truth be told, I've been looking out at my yard this week almost choking up at how much it's been neglected. I think my weeds have weeds. Time to start rebalancing my life.
The weeds took priority for their convenient location to the nursery and because of how embarrassing my yard has been for about a year now. I like to weed, except for how tight the squatting and kneeling makes my calf muscles (if only that happened to my abs). It has been a very dry couple of weeks here, too, so if I'm out there with Amelia and she goes into a wail, I can get her inside without a huge mess of mud hall over me, her, and the carpet. So out we went for an hour and half today. I'd say I got a good 40% of that bed done. This picture was taken about 30 minutes in.


2 comments:
your baby is adorable.
Molly, I am so happy for you! Congratulations! Finding a balance in life with children is SOO hard! I have been a mother for over 4 years now and I think I am just now starting to figure it out!
Post a Comment