Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Make Myself Make it Happen

Tomorrow, I have a job interview for a different position in the metroparks. It's only three miles from home and only from late March to September/October. Doable, I'd say. We'll see how it goes.
-----

If you've been through the "virtual tour" of our house, you may recall our shabby attic.
These stairs I can work with. In fact, I'll work around them.
this is the closet. It's what's to the right when you come up the stairs. Holey cow.
And here's the essential whole of the attic. not terrible looking, I guess, but  not cohesive.

I am repulsed by it. I know that if I get rid of that wallpaper and remove the carpet and patch up the walls, I'll be happy with it. But I don't want to! It's not like I can't handle a rotten project: I spent a large part of January in the basement stripping and sanding our bedroom door so I didn't have to look at the teal anymore (May I add that the teal is ironically the SAME teal as the outside of the house. That's right. There was still paint left over so, "Hey, let's use this outdoor paint on these beautiful doors!"). That was a nightmare project and since I absolutely loved removing wallpaper from my room in high school, I guess that my mind is on a one-nightmare-a-season track and that's why I'm stuck in a rut and not just yet very willing to attack this attic which I loath so much.

I need to make this change happen. I just don't want to. Not at all. Yuck. Eww. Gross.
Anyone dying for a really tough service project?

6 comments:

the Petterson Family said...

If you want to do it after 7 sometime next week. I'll help!

.:kj:. said...

I believe I've already offered, jerk!! :D

Lauren A said...

If we lived close enough I would love to come help and fix up!

Harris said...

Oh Molly, I thought you loved the attic and the painted door! haha. I would love to help. Make sure you mask up if you start tearing the walls apart or ceiling. Last thing you need is to have insulation in your lungs. Wish i could be there!

Jaime said...

I am glad I am not there. But you know I would help if I were.

Molly Houx said...

My sweet friends...I would feel like a jerk if you helped. It's such a pain! Seriously. I love you all. Hm...Maybe I could pay in eyebrow waxings...haha