I love magazines. I love going through each one I get and cutting out any great recipes, articles about cleaning a certain part of the house or organizing a party or budgeting... I was cruising the pages of January's bon appetit and came accross a recipe from Society Bakery in Dallas, Texas, for these S'mores Cupcakes. YOW! they're awesome--especially if you love bon fires for the sake of roasting marshmallows, as I do.
Now these beauties are fantastic, but not without a price: they take forever to make: the cake part is a basic muffin mix, essentially, but 3/4 of the flour has been replaced with graham cracker crumbs. After baking, you have to let them cool completely, then dig out a hole from the top, squeeze marshmallow creme into hole, cover with not-hot ganache...by then it's been 3 hours. My favorite part is topping each one with a hand-roasted, homemade marshmallow, lovingly created by me. I definately owe some to people, such as Laura, because it was her birthday yesterday. Sorry, I'm a slacker. But I'll get it done, hopefully by August (happy half birthday?). If you'd like the recipe, click here. Even with all the time they take, let me tell you they are SO worth it.
3 comments:
Mmmmmm....Those are bookmarked! Hey, you are so sweet and you are not a slacker. It's me who forgot my MOTHER"s b-day yesterday! I'm kind of self-absorbed.
super yummy !!
These are the cupcakes you told me about? They look delicious.
Post a Comment