This is our living room, where we spend most of our time. Pretty much every weekend, Mark claims the coffee table as his homework station, docking his laptop there while he watches TV. I was hoping he would us the table behind the couch, but I guess sitting on the floor is much more fun. The table in the back is my "craft table." HaHa. Like I do crafts. It is most always piled up with books and magazines, or has my sewing machine on it. I've added a clock to the wall on the left.
This is my office. It's in the basement. That desk is a tree lawn. I refinished the chair seat and made curtains to match. I love it. My eliptical is also down here, which I've started using again now that I have no guaranteed excuse that "I'll lose any excess wait at my slave-labor job."
Mark picked this brown fabric for the curtains in his office. He has installed a hanging bookshelf, which is the blue you see on the right of the screen. He's actually done a great job of putting his office together, and when he gets down there, he puts things away pretty well. I, however, just threw a bunch of stuff in there that had been hanging around the TV area, so I won't take a picture of that just now.
This is the front room. It used to be plum. We had some missionaries come over and eat pizza with us in exchange for helping us paint. Secret: I found that Monet print all framed and everything just sitting in the dumpster at an office where I worked a winter of '09. The chair is actually my dad's. We were holding it for him last year. It's now in his new Man Cave and looks great there. There is no other furniture in this very large room except for a mini bookshelf and a table with a gold fish bowl, but I hope to tear out the carpet this year and refinish the hardwood floors, then add some charcoal-colored furniture and a shag area rug.
This is in the master bathroom. The walls used to be a periwinkle blue, but it was very depressing for me, so I stole this sunshiney mustard yellow from my Dad's paint stash and voila! Happiness. Mark put this shelf up for me. I need to paint it, I'm going for white. The opposite wall has a coat hook entry-way picture frame that I've put 2 different waterfall pictures in: one of yosemite falls, and one of a waterfall that I hiked 16 miles to go see in Idaho.
| before... |
| after. |
Our crazy retro bedroom was painted before we moved in. I just couldn't handle waking up and seeing that. So here's my nice, plain bedroom wall and trim outside the now yellow bathroom. The basket is full of purses and acts as my night stand.
Here's our bed in the winter-style. In the warmer months, we just have a pretty, flowery light quilt. This year, I left the duvet cover off and just have an afghan over our down comforter--I kinda like how much lighter it looks. I'm thinking about adding two tiny kinda cast-ironish chandeliers to give the wall some action.
My big goals for this year are to attack the attic: remove the carpet and wallpaper and fix all the holes in the walls and ceiling. I also am working up some great plans for our backyard.
3 comments:
It looks soo good now Molly, you have lots of talent!
i love your house! It is so cozy and feels like a real home. you have done great things with it.
looking really good! I wish I could come visit, but the cat would kill me. To substitute, how about you talented homemakers come visit us in CO when we're back and give our bathrooms the renovation they so badly need? :)
Post a Comment