 |
| A perfect day to be at Niagara Falls: can't tell the precipitation from the Falls' Mist! |
The thirty minutes I spent in the shower Thursday night sobbing like a ten-year-old girl who just found out she didn't get invited to the popular girl's sleepover should be reasonable enough of a display that Mark & I were in desperate need of a break. And we took one this Labor Day weekend. Mark had 3 days off and I had 4, so we figured we could get away, and still have a day to do nothing (Monday) and a day for me to get all the chores done (Tuesday).
So we left early Saturday morning for Niagara Falls, where, if you may recall, I did my internship; and then over to Rochester for the night, only to check out the sites of Palmyra and head on home Sunday. It was a nice trip. A lot of firsts for Mark: Canada, New York, the Falls, Palmyra. I had a slight sense of "been there, done that" but it was nice to be together for a solid 2 days, I'm gonna miss him come Tuesday when I drop him off to work, I'm sure. We did and saw a few things I'd never done before and most importantly, I kinda got a better understanding of why Niagara feels like such a romantic place: you can kiss whenever you want and there's so many people and cultures there, that no one will think a thing of it. That was fun.
 |
| Mark at the Falls. HE'S SO HANDSOME! |
 |
| This was something Mark was really excited to see and (surprising to me) really surprised that no one else around us knew what the big deal was. This is a statue of the inventor Nikola Tesla. |
 |
| This 200-year-old Black Honey Locust is the biggest I have ever seen. It was planted for Alvin Smith, Joseph's oldest brother, when he died. |
 |
| I like this picture of me. It was taken at a place in Niagara I had never stopped before: a park with a monument for a general named Brock, who died just before the war of 1812 started...why is there a monument for him? We couldn't figure that out. |
And this tree, I've seen it before, can't remember what it is...Alder? I think so. Well, I wanted a picture of us in front of it. Here we are, in the Sacred Grove.
We definitely had a good time and got some rest. One thing I've noticed as I'm opening this blog and looking at pictures from January, Mark and I look healthier. That's very very happy news. Yay! healthy, skinnier, and best of all: EMPLOYED! We may be tired, but it's for good reason and I'm glad.
7 comments:
Wow Pow FUN and REST !!!!! So happy Mark got to go visit your old stompin' grounds. Happy Faces and interesting trees and statues.
Congrats for making the weekend happen!!!!
Hi Molly! I am so excited for you! A new house, which is SO cute! And you even got to go to Niagra. I went there when I was a kid, but I don't remember it. If we ever make it back to Ohio, I would love to see you!
looks like you two had a fun and very needed get away. I hope you were able to start feeling a bit rejuvenated! I laughed abt Mark and the statue of the inventor!! Hee hee.
So, next thing you need to put in your schedule is a girl's night!!!
yay! you guys look great!!! so glad to hear you guys are havin' fun and doin' well :)
What a great trip! It is definately nice to get away sometimes :) Molly, you are soo pretty! You guys sound like you're doing pretty good!
I am sorry it was NEEDED, but I AM glad you found a release for what is happening.
We miss seeing you like we used to...
It was good to hear everything is going better than it was a few months ago! And School! Sometimes you just have to start.
Lots of hugs and support going to you!
Looks like y'all had some fun! We miss you mucho! Love you guys!
Post a Comment